Monday 18 July 2016

No. 17 in Milnthorpe....

Over the weekend I was taken out for THE best Sunday dinner by my partner. I've actually been taken to No.17 before, so I knew it was going to be nice. Every time I've had amazing meals, and I've have been really impressed by the standard of the food and the quality of both the food & drinks. The cocktails are to die for and they are displayed really well, it's the worst when you spend a lot of money on a nice cocktail and it looks really plain. The restaurant is called No. 17 in Milnthorpe in Cumbria, Lake District.

On my first visit I  had the Roast Duck Breast, Confit Leg Cannon, Carrot & Ginger Puree, Stem Broccoli, Potato Terrine, Red Wine & Sun Blushed Tomato Sauce. The duck was cooked beautifully and the atmosphere in the restaurant was so relaxing and the white wine I had with the duck went together nicely. The staff are really attentive and very helpful.
I've attached a photo of my meal below:


For my Sunday dinner I had the Roast Beef, roasted goose fat potatoes, red cabbage, an array of seasonal veg, and mashed potato. I had this with a beautiful glass of Rioja. This was a perfect end to my busy week, what better way to spend your Sunday afternoon... Stuffed after eating luxurious beef dinner and a glass of vino.







As you can see from all the photos the food not only looked amazingly tasty, but it actually tasted phenomenal. The beef was really good quality and the veg were cooked perfectly, a little al dente.

No. 17 restaurant is a really meaningful and important place to me, as I've made some great memories there with my other half. I'm sure you all have you special places you go to with your special people. I'm really looking forward to my next visit to No.17, however it won't be for a while because it's for special occasions/celebrations only, as the prices aren't cheap. It's for those days when you feel like having a treat with your love, it's my go to place on special occasions.

However if you do find yourself around the Cumbria area, I really recommend you head to the village of Milnthorpe and go for lunch or even tea at No.17...

I've provided their website below:

http://www.no17parkroad.com/index.html

  

No comments:

Post a Comment